The Reiefestival is a new arts festival that connects heritage and history with contemporary performing arts. The festival takes place at various open-air locations on and around the Bruges canals and will run over several days in August 2023.
For the first edition, the Reiefestival is working with the theme of ‘faith’.
Faith has a wide interpretation from various backgrounds and across generations. The theme of faith refers not only to the various world religions, to spirituality and rituals, but also to personal forms of belief and conviction and to forms of superstition that are deeply rooted in our daily reality. Nor can faith be separated from truth or from the boundary between truth and fiction: the moment when you believe something becomes a truth.
By means of the inspiration box, the theme is explained and illustrated by all kinds of props by heritage organisations from Bruges. The inspiration box accompanies the open call and can help you kick-start your programme proposal. It can also function as an introduction into heritage.
The Reiefestival is looking for professional creators/artists who are active in the broader arts field in one or more stage-related artistic disciplines, such as theatre, music theatre, performance, dance, music, sound art, spoken word and circus. The festival is putting diversity in scale and form first. The Reiefestival focuses on creators/artists who already worked with heritage as artists who want to work with heritage for the first time.
Do you have a project or would you like to start a new one, based on Bruges’ rich heritage? Then join in this open call: Submit your proposal along with the relevant attachments before 30 November 2021.
The Reiefestival will act as co-producer of your project. The Reiefestival offers
- A unique playground
- Substantive support in the creation process
- Support in writing to and connecting with other partners: locally, nationally and internationally
- (Inter)national promotion in the run-up to the festival and during the festival
- production budget through consultation and in line with the project
- Technical support during the festival
The selection procedure consists of 3 steps
- Submit your proposal
- Selection for a live/online interview (questions about the project)
- Final selection to continue developing the project
- 16 September 2021: launch open call
- 30 November 2021: Deadline entry proposal open call
- Medio March 2021: Result open call
Do you have a question or want more information? Project Manager Alan Quireyns will be happy to help you further: email@example.com – 0032 471/41.78.79
We are organising an infosession on 5 October 2021 and on 5 November 2021 where we give more information about the open call. You can sign up here below if you want to join one of the infosessions.